Having your home damaged or destroyed by a fire our other loss can be emotionally and financially devastating. It can be overwhelming trying to re-build your life after a fire, but if you have the right kind of homeowner’s insurance, you may not have to deal with a ruinous financial loss. Here is our guide to help you manage the process of restoring your home and property.
If you have an emergency:
- First, call 911 from a safe location to deal with any fire emergency.
- Call family members to let them know you are ok.
- Call your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Make every attempt to minimize the loss and/or damage.
- Make repairs if needed to prevent further damage.
- Connect with neighbors for help.
- Do not go back into your home if it is unsafe.
- Start to inventory your damaged property
- Take pictures of the damage. (Note: It is always a good idea to do a home inventory video and upload it to the cloud so that you have a video reminder of what you have in case you have a fire loss.)
Insley Insurance & Financial Services, Inc. is committed to providing clients with the highest quality insurance plans available combined with some of the lowest possible rates. Whether you are shopping for auto insurance, home insurance, life or business insurance, we can help you obtain the best coverage available with the lowest rate possible.
All of us at Insley Insurance & Financial Services, Inc. truly value the long term relationship with our clients, and are proud to give families, individuals and businesses the personal attention required when it matters most. When claims arise, we realize that it can be very stressful and will do everything possible to assure timely and complete recovery.